Saturday, July 17, 2010

six

I spent part of today working on how to pack stuff. I usually like to take as few things as possible any time I travel. In order to get in the mood for this, I went to the RAGBRAI website, and watched a video called "How to Pack for RAGBRAI." I thought this might be a funny video, filled with tips like "By not packing any underwear, you save plenty of space for the keg tap!" Instead, this video was a sadly serious look at packing, and chronicled one man's obvious struggle with OCD and love of plastic bags. All my stuff is going into a smallish duffel bag, and while I will have some stuff in plastic bags, it will not look like a special episode of "The OCD Project."

Anyway, here are the major pieces of equipment that I'll be taking.
The Bike: Specialized Dolce Elite. Mine is blue. I shipped this off to Iowa a couple days ago. It was less expensive than flying with it.
The Eureka Apex tent. My favorite part about this tent is the exclamaton point on the side. Eureka!
Suisse Sport mummy bag, and REI bag liner.
An awesome pool floatie, so I don't have to drag along a heavier, larger Thermarest.
So, just add some clothes, and I will be all set and ready to go!





No comments:

Post a Comment